Keeping up with your vehicle’s system flush needs is an important part of routine maintenance. The fluids in your transmission, power steering, coolant and braking systems are vital to the performance and longevity of your car or truck’s core components.
Here at Sun Auto Service, we understand the importance of preventative auto care. A small investment now can save you a bundle in the future while ensuring reliable performance from your vehicle every day. Whether you drive in normal or severe conditions (such as stop-and-go traffic or extreme temperatures), we offer a full spectrum of services to keep you on the road and running strong.
Transmission System Flushes
Transmission fluid is as vital to your transmission as motor oil is to your engine because it provides the physical pressure needed to perform key functions, such as shifting, as well as transmission engagement and disengagement.
- Overheating and fluid contamination account for 90 percent of automatic transmission failures.
- To prevent needing major repairs, transmission fluid should be checked monthly for signs of discoloration or a burnt odor.
- Transmission fluid should be flushed every 30,000 to 50,000 miles under normal driving conditions.
Power Steering System Flushes
Necessary for providing lubrication to crucial components and transferring energy between hydraulic components, power steering fluid makes it easy to steer your car or truck.
- Fluid impurities clog your power steering pump and speed up component corrosion.
- Severe driving conditions necessitate more frequent fluid inspections and changes.
- Power steering fluid should be inspected regularly and replaced when its color turns brown or dark brown.
Coolant System Flushes
By transferring heat from your engine to components which utilize or dissipate it, (radiator) coolant provides a very important layer of protection against overheating.
- Degraded coolant results in deposits which clog your engine’s primary heat release point.
- Most cars and trucks require a coolant flush every 50,000 to 100,000 miles in normal conditions. Under severe driving conditions fluid should be replaced more frequently, every 30,000 to 50,000 miles.
- Consult your owner’s manual for replacement recommendations specific to your vehicle. Or call Sun Auto Service to talk about your maintenance needs.
Braking System Flushes
Nothing is more important than reliable stopping capability. Brake fluid is used to protect primary system components and to amplify braking force. When fluid breaks down, performance degrades, which can compromise the internal and anti-lock braking system components of your vehicle’s brakes.
- Dust and moisture from the surrounding environment speed up brake fluid degradation.
- Industry professionals recommend changing brake fluid that is brown or dark brownin color.
- Refer to your vehicle’s manual for manufacturer recommendations on service intervals.
- Brake fluid is hydroscopic and absorbs moisture rapidly. This lowers the boiling point of the fluid and causes performance issues as well as component damage.
Performing system flushes in a timely fashion helps keep your vehicle running smoothly and saves you money in the long run. Find a Sun Auto Service near you and simply contact us to set up an appointment.