Manufacturer Recommended Scheduled Maintenance Programs
While a standard lube, oil and filter service is the most common maintenance service you can do for your vehicle, the fact is that following your vehicle’s manufacturer-recommended maintenance schedule is the best way to keep your vehicle performing the way it was meant to perform. Keeping up with scheduled maintenance is also the most cost-effective way to keep your vehicle running well over time. Not only that, but keeping up on scheduled maintenance is also a good way to help preserve your vehicle’s resale or trade-in value.
Ideally, scheduled maintenance services should begin when your car is new. As they say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Doing scheduled maintenance helps to prevent you from having to pay a lot for major repairs later on down the road. It also helps you plan ahead for your vehicle repair costs rather than trying to pay for major repairs all at once.
At Sun Auto Service, we service all vehicle makes and models. The scheduled maintenance for your vehicle may differ based on your particular vehicle, your mileage, the type of driving you do, as well as other factors. In general, we recommend preventative maintenance services every 30,000 miles or 24 months, whichever comes first. Some of the items that we inspect during a scheduled maintenance service include:
- Changing engine oil and oil filter
- Rotating tires
- Inspecting brakes, brake lines, hoses and connections
- Inspecting boots and seals
- Inspecting the vehicle’s exhaust system
- Inspecting fluid levels (changing/topping off fluids if required)
- Inspecting fuel lines
- Inspecting parking brake (adjusting if needed)
- Inspecting suspension
- Inspecting tie rod ends, steering gearbox and boots
- Replacing air filter, cabin air filter
- Inspecting drive belts, adjusting or replacing if needed
- Changing transmission fluid
- Changing transfer case fluid
When you bring your vehicle to one of our Sun Auto Service shops, we can review the manufacturer’s suggested maintenance schedule with you. This way we ensure all the recommended maintenance services are covered which will help you to keep your vehicle running trouble-free for a long time.
Contact us today or stop into one of our auto repair and maintenance shops nearest you.