Vehicle owners in central Texas should look no further for auto care than Sun Auto Service in Georgetown, Texas. Our priority is to provide service similar to what you’d find at the dealership at a better price. Let us introduce our Store Manager, Wes Russell, just one of our many automotive experts with 15 years’ experience in the automotive field, starting at just fourteen detailing cars at an auto auction in Las Vegas.
- What’s your favorite auto repair to complete?
Simple repairs that don’t cost the customers a thing!
- What’s your favorite type of vehicle to make repairs on?
- What are the qualities a Sun Auto Service technician possesses?
Sun Auto Service Technicians possess the drive to find the right answers and to fix the vehicle right the first time.
- What type of training do your technicians need to complete? What’s included in this training?
Our technicians are A.S.E. Certified. In order to get certified, our technicians must take specialty classes that involve hands-on-training to grow their automotive knowledge.
- What’s the most commonly asked question you get about automotive repair?
“How often is vehicle maintenance necessary?”
- If you could dismiss one myth about automotive maintenance/repair, what would that be?
One myth I would like to dismiss is the perception that there is a “special scanner” that can completely diagnose any vehicle problem. While this would be a wonderful tool, unfortunately, it does not exist. However, the right scanner in the right technicians’ hands is how problems are determined. Scanners are excellent tools that provide a technician with data; the technician then uses that data to help point himself to physically test components.
- What is your favorite part of the job? Your favorite part about working for Sun Auto Service?
Helping people by coming up with solutions to fix their car.
- What’s the number one tip you would provide to car owners about maintaining their vehicle?
Change your oil when designated by the manufacturer, service ALL of the fluids at least every 30,000 miles, and service the fuel injection system every 30,000 miles.
Wes and his team of Service Consultants and Technicians are prepared to handle any of your automotive needs from maintenance services such as oil changes and fluid flushes to complex service such as transmission or engine repairs and replacements on all makes and models. Contact our store today by scheduling an appointment online or give us a call at 512.819.9200.